It’s no secret that a recession is likely around the corner. Jobs will be cut, cost of living will be harder to pay for, and the quality of life for many people will diminish.
For the disability community, we expect a recession to cause even more challenges. Here’s what we mean:
- Persons with disabilities are twice as likely to be unemployed as those who don’t have disabilities.
- Persons with disabilities may earn $3.34 per hour. That’s nearly a quarter of what the general population receives ($33.88).
- Due to discrimination and lack of affordable housing, many persons with disabilities are homeless. Around 25 percent, in fact, of individuals experiencing homelessness have a disability.
Make Your Case On Why Organizations Should Hire You!
Share Your Story And Advocate
As part of a future campaign, we are compiling first-person stories from persons with disabilities and leading advocates on why organizations should hire persons with disabilities. Essentially, this your time to make your case for yourself and others in a short selfie video.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
– A video of yourself (recorded from your phone or computer is perfect) no longer than 1 minute.
– Tell us why persons with disabilities are great hires (ex.: they work hard, it’s the law, they can do anything, etc.)
– If you want to share a personal story, have it.
– We will NOT accept or publish profanity or hate speech of any kind. Just be nice, and keep it PG!
The deadline to submit is Nov. 15
Steps To Submit A Video
Record a video of yourself (a “selfie video”)
Save the video!
Send the video to email@example.com
Contact Our CEO
Need help coming up with ideas or sending files? Reach us at the button below.